This is the last study for the 3rd assignment for the mentorship. What did I learn:
- metal has a full value rand from white to black going on
- most of it is quite dark
- only the planes that are directly turned towards the light source, become light
- it falls of very quickly from light to dark
- even in this picture, the grey has a bit of temperatur change going on. The the left the planes were a bit warmer and I added a bit brown to the grey, to the right the planes got a bit cooler, so I added a bit blue
- the cone was the hardest to paint, because of the tapering light and shadow shapes
- the sphere was second hardest
- maybe that is why organic stuff is harder to render correctly?
This is my blog.
I will share information about workflow, my insights into image-making or just general thoughts and rants about being an artist.